Red Miso Pickled Garlic
This one take about a month (no it takes a month) to be ready for consumption.
The flavor of the garlic mellows over time. You can use the garlic or the miso to add flavors to a dish. You can eat the garlic by itself.
You can reuse the miso for another batch of garlic, I tend not to have any of it at the end.
You use other miso, I like the red (aka) miso for this.
E ai ka kou (let's eat)!
25 each Garlic Cloves
3 ounces Red Miso (aka miso)
2 ounces Mirin
1. Mix the miso and mirin well in a bowl.
2. Blanch the garlic in boiling water for 10 to 15 seconds.
3. Run under cold water for 30 seconds (to cool them off)
4. Put into the miso and mirin mixture. Mix the garlic in well.
5. Transfer the mixture into a mason jar. Make sure that all of
the garlic is in the miso and not sticking above it.
6. Keep in the refrigerator.
7. Make sure to put the date that you made it on the jar. So you
know when you can dig into it.
8. Remember after using some, to submerge the garlic.
After making this, post a picture and use #cookingwithclay. I would love to see how your garlic comes out and let me know how you used it.